All our yarns are machine washable at 30°C but only with a wool program. Let the clothes naturally dry on a dry towel, so it can dry flat and in open air.
If your washing machine does not have a wool program or if you prefer to wash your clothes by hand:
• Soak the garment in soapy water or a special detergent for wool. You can add a little conditioner, this will make the wool even softer.
• Rinse gently with warm water without twisting the garment.
• For pre-drying, wrap it in a towel and squeeze gently to absorb water without having to wring or twist.
• Then place the garment on a drytowel so it can dry flat and in open air.
HINTS AND STIPS AGAINST STAINS
Removing an ordinary stain:
• Apply soap to the stain. Rub this part by hand and leave the soap on the stain for one hour before rinsing with cold water.
• Specific advice, depending on the type of stain
• Alcoholic drinks (except red wine): dab gently with a damp towel to soak up as much liquid as possible. Sponge the stained area with a blend of warm water and 90% alcohol (50/50 ratio). .
• Blood: moisten the stain quickly with a damp sponge. Gently rub with pure white vinegar then rinse with cold water.
• Butter / grease / sauce: scrape the surface of the stain with a spoon or a knife to eliminate the excess. Then gently dab the stain with a cloth soaked in dry cleaning product.
• Eggs / Milk: gently dab with a cloth soaked in white spirit. Repeat with a cloth soaked in pure white vinegar.
• Fruit / fruit juice / red wine: quickly dab the stain with a mixture of 90 % alcohol and water (3/1 ratio).
• Herbs: Carefully clean with soap and dab gently with a cloth moistened with 90% alcohol.
• Makeup / Waxing: dab gently with a cloth soaked in turpentine or white spirit.
• Urine: act as quickly as possible. Absorb as much liquid as possible with a dry sponge and apply undiluted white vinegar. Then proceed as for blood.
• Wax: scrape as much wax as possible with a spoon or dull knife. Place blotting paper on the wax and iron with iron in position 2 (low).